Protection against Fraud. Staying safe and secure online.
We must all remain alert and vigilant with our money and data online.
At ipagoo we use the latest cutting edge technology and security measures to protect your account, but there are also things you must do to help prevent fraud. Here are some reminders to help you to protect your private and sensitive data from abuse.
Top tips for cards:
- Keep your information safe. Do not let your card out of your sight or allow anyone else to use your card;
- Ensure that you are the only person who knows your PIN, never write it down or record it anywhere;
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone, we will never ask for your PIN;
- Take extra care at cash machines to shield the keypad when entering your PIN to ensure no one can see it over your shoulder; and
- Be aware that persons around cash machines may try to distract you prior to attempting to steal your card.
Monitor your accounts regularly:
- Check your statements/activity for transactions that you do not recognise and report them to us immediately;
- Store confidential documents securely;
- Shred all documents, receipts, letters, etc. that contain your name, address or other account and personal information when you no longer need them; and
- Keep us informed of any changes to your personal contact details, especially your mobile phone, so we can always reach you.
Protect yourself online:
- Use strong passwords, don’t use anything obvious. Do not use a password that can easily be guessed or use the same password for other websites and do not write it down;
- Always update your computer, tablet and smartphone’s operating system and web browser software;
- Always use anti-virus software to protect your devices;
- Try to always use a secure internet connection to connect. Never use free public Wi-Fi, however convenient, these may not be as secure and could be compromised to trick you into providing your secure login or other personal information.
Use of our App:
- Take care when using our App. Keep your access code secure and do not let anyone else make use of your security details;
- Be sure when viewing your PIN within the App that no one can overlook the screen;
- Do not let anyone watch you enter your security details and log off after each internet banking session;
- Carry out regular virus checks on your devices and have the latest operating systems and App versions installed;
- To keep your mobile device safe and secure we recommend you never respond to emails that ask you to supply your login details (known as phishing emails);
- Don’t accept or open any applications or MMS messages from unknown senders;
- Treat the security of your device as you would that of a personal computer.
If you suspect anything unusual, contact us immediately so we can quickly take steps to help protect you.